The Excellence in Ophthalmology certification has been developed by the Right Care Foundation team, in collaboration with a prestigious scientific committee comprised of internationally renowned ophthalmologists, who have worked with the indicators used in the different evaluation categories and the road maps for the application of methods, and who have validated the certification methodology.
This committee is comprised of the following experts:
Prof. Anat Loewenstein
- General Secretary of the European Society of Retina Specialists (EURETINA)
- President of the Ophthalmology Department of the Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center (TASMC)
- Vice-dean of the Medical School of Tel Aviv University
Dr. Borja Corcóstegui
- Ex-president of the European Society of Retina Specialists (EURETINA)
- Director of the Scientific Council of the European School of Advanced Studies in Ophthalmology (ESASO), Lugano (Suiza).
- Co-founder and medical director of the Institute of Ocular Microsurgery(IMO), Barcelona.
- President of the Foundation IMO, Barcelona.
Dr. Javier Ascaso
- Chief of the Ophthalmology Department at the Lozano Blesa University Clinical Hospital in Zaragoza
Dr. Patricia Udaondo
- Board Member of the European Society of Retina Specialists (EURETINA)
- Ophthalmologist specialised in retina at the La Fe University and Polytechnic Hospital in Valencia
- Director of the Aiken Ophthalmology Clinic